Rover V8s in UK.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover V8s in UK.
From: gall@gamma.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 93 13:07:00 MDT
Hi all!

I was reading one of those glossy classic car magazines from England the
other day about fitting a Rover V8 into a Stag. The article listed as an
advantage to doing this, the fact that if your Rover engine flew apart,
you could easily find a good 'running unit' for 100 pounds!

Is this true? - It seems so unfair, given that I can't even FIND one
around these parts! At that cost (approx. $200 Cdn.) it would seem to be
worth my while to have one shipped from England.

Has anybody ever tried to ship an engine overseas? How much moola am I
looking at to have this done?

I am currently toying with the idea of putting a Rover V8 into my 350 cu
in. Buick TR7 V8 - at least then I wouldn't have such a weight problem!

Many companies in these magazines offer Rover V8 conversion kits for the
TR7, drop me an email request if any of you would like some addresses or
FAX numbers of the places.

Hope you guys are getting more sunshine than I am up here! (Sunny
Southern Alberta has had solid rain for the past 6 weeks!)

Greg.

(gall@gamma.uleth.ca)