re: Rover V8s in UK.

To: gall@gamma.uleth.ca
Subject: re: Rover V8s in UK.
From: whs70@cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 12 Jul 1993 12:38 EDT
>From gamma.uleth.ca!gall Sat Jul 10 15:22:21 1993
>I was reading one of those glossy classic car magazines from England the
>other day about fitting a Rover V8 into a Stag. The article listed as an
>advantage to doing this, the fact that if your Rover engine flew apart,
>you could easily find a good 'running unit' for 100 pounds!
>
>Is this true? - It seems so unfair, given that I can't even FIND one
>around these parts! At that cost (approx. $200 Cdn.) it would seem to be
>worth my while to have one shipped from England.
>
>Has anybody ever tried to ship an engine overseas? How much moola am I
>looking at to have this done?

Finding a good engine is probably the biggest problem, but the actual
shipment shouldn't be too outrageous.  Maybe one of the importer
(TS Enterprises, TRF, Moss, etc can be of help?)

>I am currently toying with the idea of putting a Rover V8 into my 350 cu
>in. Buick TR7 V8 - at least then I wouldn't have such a weight problem!
>
>Many companies in these magazines offer Rover V8 conversion kits for the
>TR7, drop me an email request if any of you would like some addresses or
>FAX numbers of the places.

The Vintage Triumph Register is reprinting a 4 part series of articles
which walks you through the conversion of a TR-7 to a TR-7V8 using the
3.5 litre Rover V8.  Part 1 is in the soon to be printed next issue
of our magazine (issue 53).

Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!cc!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@cc.bellcore.com