Interior fabrics

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Interior fabrics
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1993 11:43:02 -0700 (MST)
Greetings, O list...

Having met all my mechanical restoration goals (admittedly not
all that difficult since it was an excellent low-mileage late
spitwad to begin with), I'm now getting started on the interior.

I'm looking for the houndstooth fabric used in spitfire interiors
from '76 to '80.  I've tracked down the black/white stuff, but
I need the tan/white.  If anyone knows of an upholstery supply
place likely to stock something like this, please let me know.
I don't want to buy the aftermarket whole-seat upholstery kit
if I can help it, cuz the vinyl is perfect, it's just the fabric
that needs help.  I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

(Fashion note: this large houndstooth pattern appears to have
come back in style.   I've seen it lately on women's clothes.
I've been strongly tempted to mug someone for her dress to do
my seats with...)

One remaining mechanical consideration:  Southern Arizona heat
not good for british cooling.   Heap high temperatures.  I'd like
to put in an oil cooler, but spitfire oil coolers assume a
threaded hole in the block.  Mine's got the male variety, to take
standard female filters.  Is this bit of maleness on the block an
adapter that can be removed, and then presumably reattached to
the oil cooler adaptor once in place?

Dan Parslow
parslow@sunquest.com
Death to .sigs.