Re: now a stuck bearing

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, petel@cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: now a stuck bearing
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 10:29:30 CDT
>If you don't have an acetylene
setup, you can probably get suitable results with one of those little
propane torches.

A Berzamatic oxy-propane setup, about $40 at home-handyman outfits, using
MAPP gas instead of propane can get a LOT hotter than propane.  I went to this
to get a hub nut off my Lotus after going through an entire propane cylinder
with no effect. It all fits in a box about 8x8x12 inches, so you may be able
to find room for it as you continue your trip.  The torch is small, so you can
direct the heat to the bearing and stay off the hub as much as possible.