GT6+ miscellany

To: cdenzler@sierra.com (Chris Denzler)
Subject: GT6+ miscellany
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 11:57:48 PDT
        The oil filter I pulled out of the canister is not the correct one.  It
        is about 1 1/2" thick and the stock one is more like 2 3/4 inches
thick.

Beware. You may have a TR6 canister on your block; the GT6+ filter and
canister are supposed to be more shallow to clear the steering column.

Are you sure that TRF doesn't sell the adapter separately? Looking at
the price list, I would guess that

TRFEL403        T56 adapter, spin-on, no fittings       47.50

would be just what you want (and a bargain compared to the $72 I
recently paid for the adapter with fittings - I was in a hurry).

But your Plus will like you more if you put an oil cooler on. I
recommend it; that radiator is really too small for the engine. I'm in
the middle of an installation and plan on writing up an article when I
get it done; the best cooler location that I could come up with is
vertically, at the side of the water radiator. This takes making up a
bracket and removing one of the horns, but looks promising.