Re: MGB alternator

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, flake@d311505.atl.hp.com
Subject: Re: MGB alternator
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 12:01:09 PDT
>I also hate the idea of replacing with non-original and will persue
>a local rebuild.  Bearings, etc are available from the suppliers
>and I hope to find a shop which will tell me the pieces I need and
>let me order them.  (Side note to folks in Atlanta:  Any experience
>with local alternator rebuild shops?)

Try to find an alternator/starter shop that will rebuild yours.  I replaced
mine on the GT6 last year, same failure, noisey bearings.  An identical rebuilt
unit was $60, in stock with warranty.  They also would have rebuilt mine at the
same price.  The British parts places were $90 and up for a rebuilt unit.

Mike G.