Weber book review...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber book review...
From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 93 13:23:43 EDT
Ran across an excellent Weber reference in the auto section of one of
the big chain bookstores in a local mall.  "Weber Carburetors" by Pat Braden,
HPBooks, $12.95, ISBN O-89586-377-4.  The Haynes reference has lots on
rebuild but very little theory/tuning content.

This covers theory, tuning, rejetting, and has very detailed rebuild/repair
sections for IMPE, DGAV, DFT, DCOE, and IDA.  Good section on engine
modifications which gets into intake manifold design and porting.

The book has detailed walkthoughs of installations of Weber kits on
various cars: DGAV on MGB, DCOE on Alfa , Quad IDF's on small-block Chevy.

Lots of tables in the back covering jet and emulsion tube mods, dyno-tested
conversion recommendations, weber parts/kits with weber part numbers, and
suppliers.

This was exactly what I was looking for and I thought other SOL'ers might
be too.

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)
"Now I have a clue what to do with my DGV jet/tube kit."