RE: GT6 Help Needed

To: RADSICKT@pl-edwards.af.mil, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 Help Needed
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1993 13:08:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Lt Tim Radsick" <RADSICKT@pl-edwards.af.mil>:
>Is there a good place to get hardware (nyloc nuts, bolts, washers, etc)
>other than the VB, TRF or SICP catalogs?

Look in the yellow pages under "Bolts..." or "Fasteners".  (The local place
here is listed in both places.)  I've been able to get just about every
bolt, etc. I've ever needed locally; since your GT6 uses all SAE sizes, you
shouldn't have any problems.  If they have them in stock, you don't even
have to get a minimum order.  I once picked up a single bolt for an upper
A-arm link.  Make sure you get the proper grade.

*Don't* get them from Handy Dan or whatever your local hardware chain is.
There have been some reports that even the bolts that have the proper grade
markings have not been tested and may fail in use.  I don't have the list
with me, but most of the manufacturers in the report were Japanese or
Korean.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726