Re: reliability

To: rsp00@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Roger S Peng)
Subject: Re: reliability
From: HERTZBERG JEAN R <hertzber@spot.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1993 16:24:37 -0600 (MDT)
> Damn British cars! why can't they make them more reliable? I don't mind
> if a car breaks down once a month, but my experience is that British cars
> always have something wrong with them, even if you rebuild the whole car!
> Even normally reliable American parts, once you put it into a British
> car, it's going to start acting up!
>
>                                         Roger Peng

I disagree. I have found my 68 MGB to be extremely reliable. When I fix things,
they stay fixed. If I keep up on the preventative maintenance, I'm never
surprised or stranded.

On the other hand, our other car is a 66 Ford Ranchero. Things we fix
on it break again within a year. What a lemon! Parts are harder to get,
too. I am pushing to sell this car, and soon.

-Jean H