Tie rod ends, GT6+ getting paint!

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Tie rod ends, GT6+ getting paint!
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 11:31:10 -0500
Well, for the TR250 to pass the state safety inspection, I had to put in a new
outer tie rod end. Looked about as easy as a job can get. Slacken lock nut,
remove bottom nut, unscrew tie rod end, screw on a new one. Well, the nut
slackened real easy, and the bottom nut came right off, but the stupid tie rod
end would not come out of the steering arm! I smashed it with a hammer, and all
I managed to do was booger up the end of it so there was no way the nut would go
back on. In desperation, I asked a friend at a repair shop how to get the dumb
thing out of there. He told me to whack on the front of the steering arm with a
hammer. Sounded strange to me - but I tried it. Second whack, the tie rod end
popped right out! Gee, nice to know the tricks...

The GT6+ is now in the body shop, getting various dings repaired and a new paint
job. Boy, am I anxious to get it back! Can't wait to drive a PRETTY lbc!

Larry