Late Spitfire OD in 1500 midget

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Late Spitfire OD in 1500 midget
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 93 15:50:38 EDT
|Date: 8-9-93  3:49pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Late Spitfire OD in 1500 midget
   I found a local place that has a regular 4 speed 1500 gearbox for
$250 and he also has a spitfire OD box for $400.  The OD box is still in
the car so it would come with everything I would need and he's trying to
call around some places to see if anyone has put on into a midget.
   I have some free help coming in for the weekend and if at all
possible, I would like to try to get a new gearbox into my midget this
weekend.

   So, if anyone knows if the OD will fit in a midget, please, please,
please let me know so I can pick it up and arrange an engine hoist etc.
for this weekend.

   Thanks,
      Dean