Hitched!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hitched!
From: T Cox <tcox@dom1.nuwes.sea06.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 07:16:27 PDT
Well, I will be dropping off of the list for a couple of weeks while I run off
and get married, but first a couple of postings.

As far as british cars being unreliable, mine has only left me stranded once in
the 10 years that I have owned it, and that was not its fault.  I was working
out in Seattle during the summers as I was going to college and was about to
make the trip back to Montana for school.  The alternator was going out so I
replaced it three days before I left.  After driving around for those three
days and then making the 700 mile trip back to Montana, I was at about the last
100 miles when I noticed the lights going dim and the wiper blades slowing
down.  I made it the last 100 miles, got a jump from my father, drove home and
recharged the battery (it had to be that since I just replaced the alternator).
 Drove around for three more weeks when it died on my way home from town.
Ended up being a bad replaced alternator.  This time when it died, it totally
died.  I got towed home from a friend, replaced the alternator and it ran fine
for a long time.

The only other problem that I have had is when a fuel line split under the
bonnet and started a fire in the engine compartment.  Bummer.  This also
happened at school and I was able to get insurance to pay to get it fixed and
have only had minor problems with it since.  I think that most of my problems
now are from lack of driving.

Oh BTW.  An update on the future Mrs.  She is making me get rid of the Mazda
RX-7 and letting me keep the MGB.  Now isn't that a switch for you.  Now I just
have to convince her that I need some time to work on the MG.  For our
honeymoon we are going scuba diving in Jamaica for a week.  Its a rough life
but somebody has to do it.

Terry

tcox@dom1.nuwes.sea06.navy.mil