Re: Response and Responsibility

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Response and Responsibility
From: mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 16:21:53 CDT
The car I drive to work every day is a 1976 Olds with 295,345 miles
on the original engine. So americans could at one time make reliable
cars.

EVERY British car I have ever purchased has had serious electrical
problems. Once I returned the electrical system to stock (removed
the stuff done by american mechanics) the cars worked fine. I have
never been stranded by an electrical problem. Once in a while a
tail lamp or something will be non-functional because of a dirty
connector. The only thing bad about Lucas I have found was the
cheap plastic switches used during the late '70s on. But then that
is the same complaint I have for the Jap and American cars of late.
The Brits just went bad about 5 years before the rest of the world.
No car was designed to last 20+ years. So no one should be supprised
when their 35+ year old MGA or TR3 has problems. Get a life.