Re: thread sizes

To: autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.uu.net, cdenzler@sierra.com
Subject: Re: thread sizes
From: bownes%pluto@uunet.UU.NET (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 93 12:04:56 EDT
->I was trying to explain my attraction to british engineering to a (British)

Sure that's not 'affliction'?

->coworker the other day.  I finally came up with:  "An engineer decides
->a car needs an extra gear ratio.  If he's American, he designs a bigger
->engine, eliminating the need for the extra cog.  If he's Japanese, he
->designs a 5 speed gearbox.  If he's British, he designs an electric
->overdrive."  All valid solutions to the problem, all different.

No, it's even beetter than this. He pays a Frenchman to build an
electric overdrive for him and in turn sells it to the Swedes!

Bob