Re: Car/wheel dollies?

To: walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com (Darrell Walker)
Subject: Re: Car/wheel dollies?
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 11:13:33 -0500 (CDT)
Darrell Walker asks >

> I seem to remember some talk of a product that was basically a set
> of four dollies which were placed under each wheel of a car, and that
> would then allow you to easily move it around in the garage
> Does anyone know of a source for such a thing?

Sure, J C Whitless has them.  From the Britcar Vendor List:
------------------------------------
Whitney:
J C Whitney
Chicago, IL
(312) 431-6102

Also known as Warshawsky/Whitney.  An American institution.  Sells car
parts cheap for most cars including LBCs.  Massive buying power.
Brainless order takers.  You can call in the middle of the night for good
long-distance rates.  They historically would not tell you brand names,
and that is mostly still true, but some brand names are starting to creep
into their catalogs lately.  I use catalogs as a plural, as they print a
new one and mail it to you every time you turn around.  All the swaybars
used to be ADDCO, but it appears they have some other ones now.  I think
you can still call ADDCO for Whitney part numbers of ADDCO bars.  See also
ADDCO and Werace.  I have bought lots of stuff from them over many years.
The worst I got was gas struts for my Dodge that worked fine for a couple
of months.  Most everything else has been OK.  Check their catalogs.  They
cover the spectrum from tacky crap to truly neat stuff.  Everything from
autocross springs for a Midget to leather motorcycle vests to RV awnings.
- Phil Ethier
phile@stpaul.gov