Re: British Cars Digest #906 Fri Aug 13 01:15:01 MDT 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #906 Fri Aug 13 01:15:01 MDT 1993
From: Lea Hyke <hyke@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1993 20:19:44 -0700
Subject: Reliability of British Cars

I have owned my 1963 MGB since 1977 and am only the 2nd owner. It has 255K
miles on it with about 50K on a rebuild which I did myself. I just installed
an early overdrive tranny in it which certainlly adds to my driving
pleasure, and literally sped off to LA from SF about 1 hour after the
install. OK, maybe I'm lucky, or maybe I'm stupid, but my car has always
been reliable to me!
It hasn't been jerryrigged by any inept mechanic types and has always been
carefully loved by me (it's outlasted many realtionships, jobs, etc)and
looks good too. I also own 4 other cars 3 of which are SOL's
Lea Hyke
Technical Recruiter
SYBASE
hyke@sybase.com