Re: Geez, I wish my lbc were ... or: Oh my gawd, what's that smell!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: Re: Geez, I wish my lbc were ... or: Oh my gawd, what's that smell!
From: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 09:05:39 -0400 (EDT)
I hope your seat wasn't leather.  Cat urine seems to have an alchemical
effect on leather - it appears to fundamentally change its structure.
One of my cats got my wallet one time (don't ask) and I had to end up
throwing it away.  I never could get the smell out of it.

You can get an enzyme based solution that is supposed to break that stuff
down from most vet offices.  It works tolerably well.  I would second
the suggestion that you take the seat apart, though.  Unless you can
get it all rinsed out, you'll have memories of that for years.

good luck
--
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (313) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
(internet)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu  | Amaranth's Law of Economics: