A good day for LBCs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A good day for LBCs
From: Jeffrey_Lo@ccm11.sc.intel.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 93 11:02:10 PST
Well, it was a good day for LBCs yesterday.  Not only did I get to test
drive a 1 year old Lotus Esprit that belonged to an acquiantance of
mine, I was leaving work and saw a 1948 Riley in the Intel garage, which
I assume could be none other than Daren's Riley.  Good to see it getting
out on the road!  Unfortunately I didn't get to wring out the Lotus,
just a quick blast up a couple of exits on the freeway, but it certainly
drove much better than my tired TR6.  Quicker in all respects,
accelleration, cornering, stopping, etc.  The guy that owned it kept
complaining about it though.  "In the shop 6 months during the past
year", "not enough acceleration", etc.  As far as the first comment
goes, well, I guess some people were just not cut out to be SOLs, and as
for the second one, well, the Lotus replaced a Corvette ZR-1, and his
current second car is a Ferrari Testarossa.  I guess some guys just have
more expensive toys.  Maybe I should tell him to replace the Lotus with
an Aston Martin, and then try to get to borrow IT for a while...

Well, time to go swork on the TR some more...

Jeff Lo
jlo@gomez.intel.com