paint removal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: paint removal
From: gt0035b@prism.gatech.edu (Henry David Sommer)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 15:53:37 -0400 (EDT)
Hey sol's

        In myexperience the absolut best my to get the paint off
a car is to have it dipped. There is a company here in atlanta that
will take a stripped car and have it in bare metal the next week
for something around .98$ a pound.  You have to remove anything
that isn't steel like name plates or else they'll desolve but
when your done you have a car that is bare metal everywhere.
Of course you have to have a bare frame with motor interior ect.
removed. If your doing a restoration there's no better way to go though.
I've heard that most big city's have places like this.  The one
here is called the unpaint company.
        If anyone knows of somewhere that acid dipps cars I'd
like to know.

        Henry Sommer               Mechanical Engineering student
        gt0035b@prism.gatech.edu   Goergia Institute of Technology