Merchandise and UPS!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Merchandise and UPS!
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 93 9:34:51 MDT
I have really had it with UPS!

I received my shipment of SOL merchandise via UPS this morning. Instead
of the parcel mearly being handed to me, I was greated by the friendly
comment, "Oh, there is a shipping COD charge of $54.76 on that parcel."
I was livid! "But the entire order was only worth $74.76!", I exclaimed.
A shrug was all I got in return. I asked, "don't you have a breakdown of
those costs?". "No, it just says it is a customs and bokerage fee."

So I scraped together the cash (UPS doesn't accept credit cards) and
paid the gal. Her only suggestion was that I call UPS and they can give
me the breakdown - from experience, this isn't something they do very
cooperatively.

I am sick and tired of UPS charging outrageous sums of money to me just
because I live 50 miles North of the 49th Parallel. Haven't they heard
of Free Trade? - most of the duties are down to nill now (like 0-3% on
most items). I plan on getting to the bottom of this, I've been stiffed
one too many times by them! To top it off, they don't even have a
shipping office here in Lethbridge! If I miss their 3 delivery attempts,
the parcel is sent back! - If they had an office, I'd be able to pick up
my order on the way to work.

>From what I understand, UPS service in the US is quite good -
inexpensive and reliable. It seems the only thing I can rely on them to
do here is rip me off!

Enough whining for now! (save it for our friends at UPS)...

On the topic of the merchandise - It all looks great! Many thanxs to all
involved in making it happen. My only complaint is that they didn't
have the silver Polo Shirts and substituted a white one. This was fine,
but I would have appreciated a call or something to check if I minded.

Thanx to everyone who helped pull it off!

Greg.
--
Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think"
By a famous Irish poet and philosopher, Bono of the band U2, circa '91.

'76 Triumph TR7 V8 (Buick 350) Fixedhead Coupe.
'79 Triumph TR7 Auto Drophead Coupe.
'78 Mazda RX7.
'73 FIAT 128 Coupe SL 1300cc.