Paint's on the GT6!

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Paint's on the GT6!
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 93 11:15:14 -0500
Well, I picked up the GT6+ Friday afternoon from its paint job - wow! Hard to
believe it's the same car!

I had to stop at WalMart on the way home, and when I came out, it refused to
start. There was gas leaking out of a carb, and it looked like the piston
in the carb was dirty and sticking. I knew I would have to wait before it
would start up, so I left it there in the lot for about three hours.

You can come up with all sorts of visions of horrible events while your
freshly painted car sits in the WalMart parking lot. I could just see
shopping carts scraping along the side of the car, and people not seein it
from their 4x4 PUs and smashing it, I was really getting worried. But when
I went back it was all OK, and it started, and I drove it home.

I put the chrome back on and it looks like a new car. I also cleaned the carbs
and it runs much better.

The guy made one mistake on the body, however. There are visible seams between
the part of the bonnet where the headlamps are mounted and the main part of the
bonnet. He must have thought they were unsightly - they're gone now. I guess I
should have explained to him that they were SUPPOSED to be there...

So there is one non-stock thing about the body. Oh well. The car is really
pretty, and a head-turner. Now I'm waiting for a bunch of rubber parts to
seal up the body and put in the carpet.

I'll upload a GIF as soon as I get a good picture of it.

Larry