Sunday Drive

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
Subject: Sunday Drive
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 15:03:09 pdt
>From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
>Subject: Re: brain surgery
>To: cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
>Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 09:43:06 -0500 (CDT)

>> even after she "lost it" the first (and only) time
>> she ever tried to drive it.

>This sounds like a story we should hear!

Okay, though I think I've already posted this story.

Let's see, this happened either just before or just after we got
married.  Anyway, it was shortly after I'd rebuilt the snake's engine,
which resulted in a 25-30 hp increase over the "stock" 306 hp setup.  My
wife decided it would be a good idea to give the snake a try under
controlled circumstances (i.e.  with me in the car) in case she needed
to drive it by herself in the future.  We started out on some back
roads.  She drove a couple of miles without incident and then decided to
give it a go in traffic.  Everything went hunky-dory until we got to an
intersection where water was flowing across the shoulder where she
planned to make a right turn.  She stopped for a light then started her
turn and gave the gas a little blip.  We swapped ends in a flash.  Her
snake driving career ended then and there.

Roland