Re: MGB clutch & OD

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB clutch & OD
From: mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 93 08:46:48 CDT
I have driven a 1971 MGBGT for about 11 years now. I always engaged
the OD with the clutch engaged. If you will note the manual says
to never ever push the car backwards with the OD engaged. I took
the OD apart once and found some gears that rotate only one way.
Should a force be applied to reverse them, they would be destroyed.
So I guess if you were traveling at 55mph, disengaged the clutch
engaged the OD and released the clutch wo reving the engine, it might
put a reversing torque on those naughty gears.