Re: Healy frame/San Diego Bay

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Healy frame/San Diego Bay
From: vanmatre@nprdc.navy.mil (Nick Van Matre)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1993 08:17:55 -0700
Bill Woodruff; no healy frame for me, YET; nor do I live
on San Diego bay;  BUT I do live 2 miles from it!  Look
forward to your visit; as does Tilley-my TR6.

Tilley and I went to the annual San Diego Council of Sports
Car Clubs, British Car Days show yesterday.  Last year I
went as a spectator; had so much fun I knew I needed a car.
This year I took Tilley, who fit in quite proudly amongst the
other 25 TR-6s or so.  The lot of us were kind of overwhelmed
by about 400 cars, including about 25 healys.

I probably came closer to winning the "best picnic" prize,
as compared to the "best of marque" prize.  But, fun was
had by all. (Tilley acquired a new "chrome" valve cover
cap; and felt quite smug.  Now, she wants a chrome radiator
cap!)

I wore my SOL T-shirt; and felt quite smug...

I DID win a 7/16 whitworth spanner in the raffle!

Nick