Re: Weber Carbs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs
From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 11:53:57 EDT
wbrown queries:

> Well, how does the Weber compare to the single Zenith setup?  And is there
> any _legal_ way to make this change on a car registered in California?

There are aftermarket downdraft Weber conversion kits which are smog legal in
California for MGB's up through at least 1974.  These are systems consisting
of an intake manifold and smogged version of a DGV, and typically come only
with an automatic choke.  I don't have the address here at work, but will
post it if anyone is interested.  They might have come up with something
for post-74 by now.

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)
"Two Zenith Strombergs in the parts box and a Weber DGV on the car"