Re: SOL spit sagacity sought...

To: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Subject: Re: SOL spit sagacity sought...
From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 15:31:34 EDT
Dan Parslow writes:

> I'd be interested in talking to anyone who's had any experience
> in upgrading the performance of a late (1977+) Spitfire, especially
> if it involved using UK-spec parts.  Good or bad experience.

According to the TriumphTune performance catalog, a 25% power boost
can be realized from the 1500 engine with only exhaust and carb needle
modifications.  If you don't have this catalog yet, you want it:

Moss Europe / TriumphTune - MG Special Tuning
22-28 Manor Road
Richmond
Surrey TW9 1YB
ENGLAND
phone 081 948 6665
fax   081 940 9268

The stock lump you have put out 55 BHP when new.  The 9:1 high compression
pistons, mild road cam, good free flow exhaust and headers, and a carb which
can flow enough to cope with the increased engine capacity will get you
about 85 BHP.  It's possible to tune this engine for 110 - 120 BHP.

I have all of the above except for the road cam, and I like it.

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)