RE: Stirling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stirling
From: DEHAASM@NAPC-1.NAVY.MIL
Date: Wed 6 Oct 93 11:30:30-EDT

I think Scott Fischer hit the nail on the head with one sentence in
reagard to the major appeal of British Sports cars and British cars
in general.

>The ego gratification that comes from being able to make these things go
is a powerful drug for people who are susceptible to it!

   British cars appeal to most of us (SOLers and other enthusiasts)
because the car offers a challenge.  But besides being a challenge
they are unique.  Once you have seen your one millionth tercel/camry/
geo/accord/civic they all blend into this "gelly been" blur of
safe styling and blandness.  No character!  Things that have
character usually have flaws.  These flaws are what make things
attractive to the type of personality that most of us are.  We
(SOLers) are rare.  That is why we signal with a wave, a beep, or
a flash of the headlites when we see another British car owner on
the road.   With our LBC's we make a statement everytime
we cruise through town or blast down that country road.

Mark deHaas
dehaasm@napc-1.navy.mil