ignition switch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition switch
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 11:50:59 CDT
In between removing frozen crankshaft bolts I am replacing a few electrical
items. I have to replace the whole ignition switch, so I took the cowling of
the steering column, to discover that there are no readily availlable
bolts to undo! The Haynes doesn't really specify how to get the ignition
assembly off (possibly in the hope of preventing thieves back in the early
days??). It does mention something about a bevelled ring???
so any ideas anybody???? Its a '74 Midget.

Thanks fo the help in advance

Marcus

p.s. Has any body had experience with shock conversions??? It seems a lot
cheaper to go with a monroe type conversion than blow 400 bucks on a new set
of leaver arms. (Sorry to all those purists, but when I can afford a total frame
up rebuild, maybe then I'll stick to factory specs.!).