Le Mans

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars list)
Subject: Le Mans
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1993 10:37:53 +0100 (BST)
Hi

I tried to send this to Scott Fisher - what is your internet address??

Miscellaneous thoughts:

I've not been to Le Mans, but I can tell you its very (very) well
supported by British car nuts: I can think of at least 2
regional TR clubs that make their way there. They all tend
to drive down & stay at the campsite - the channel ferry is packed with
British sports cars it seems. The atmosphere is supposed to be
very good & very friendly - there is a strong Jaguar supporters
contingent. The French organisation is supposed to be good too.

One trick is to load up on barbequed food & beer & crawl to
the Mulsanne barrier in the dead of night & watch the cars
blast past; brake discs turning red at the end of the straight ...

Regards, Adrian
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk