Re: A brake question

To: british-cars%autox.team.net@hoosier
Subject: Re: A brake question
From: peters@thor.li.Cubic.COM
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1993 08:49:38 EDT
>> my '78 MGB, has developed a grinding noise eminating from the brakes.

Are you certain that the noise is actually coming from the brakes?

My 1980 MGB developed a somewhat similar problem last summer.  Whenever
I hit the brakes very hard and, occasionally, when going over a large
bump, I would get a grinding sound from somewhere on the front left side.
The problem turned out to be the lower trunion bushing on the king pin.
The distance tube which passes through the bushing was totally seized to
the bushing itself and was grinding against the thrust washers.  I took the
easy way out and replaced the king pin with rebuilt set from Moss.

Peter Schauss                           email:  schauss@cubic.com

                                        1980 MGB - daily driver