re:british cars in movies

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re:british cars in movies
From: SUNDEEN@sask.usask.ca
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1993 10:02:25 -0600 (CST)
I just thought that I might add a few BLC's to your movie list.  As an
Triumph TR3 owner I wanted to mention both "La Dolce Vita" and "the Diner",
both of which showcase bright red TR 3A's.  The latter has an especially
amusing scene where the owner delibarately turns his car on its side at the
side of the road as a practical joke, to fool his friends (who are following
behind him at a distance) into thinking that he has been in a roll-over.
He poured ketchup on himself and pretended to be injured.  When the truth was
revealled to his shocked friends, they all refused to help him set the car back
on its wheels, and drive off leaving him stranded.

On the topic of traditional TR Triumphs and in response to the description of
the Le Mans race, I thought that I might add that in either 1953 or 54 (I can't
remember which year) the Triumph factory team of TR 2's won the team prize at
Le Mans as they were the only full team to finish the race.  As I look at my
sad and tired old TR I certainly can't imagine driving it flat out for 24
hours.

Glenn Sundeen
sundeen@usask.ca