Re: Europa just about on the road!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Europa just about on the road!
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 09:16:46 -0700
Phil asks:
>The springs are all wrong.  The car sits too high, especially in the
>front.  I will probably get street/autocross springs over the winter.  Is
>Bean the right choice for these?  Suggestions?

Danger Will Robinson!  Avoid Bean unless you enjoy paying too much... .

I heartily endorse JAE Automotive in Goleta, CA: Their prices are almost
reasonable (which ain't a bad recommendation in conjunction with the
word Lotus).  Last time I ordered a part from them, a new courtesy light
assembly, there was a slight glitch in shipping: the guy (Mike?) put
someone else's address on the package, resulting in a delay -- I was out
of town anyhow.  When I called to check on the order, he was extremely
apologetic and promised to send it out right away (after double-checking
the address).  Little did I suspect that right away meant it would show up
the next day as priority mail, along with a free JAE T-shirt!  (And no
second shipping charge.)

I've been told that the guys at JAE are former Bean employees.  I don't
know for sure.  I do know that they seem to be very knowledgable and
easy to do business with.

And, ob. disclaimer -- except as a satisfied customer, I am not associated
with:

        JAE
        Independant Lotus/English Ford service & parts
        375 Pine Ave., Unit 26
        Goleta, CA  93117
        Fax: 805-967-6183
        Tel: 805-967-5767