Early Spridget dash switch question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Spridget dash switch question
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 93 15:52:21 -0700
    Daren Stone writes:

>     Okay, here's a Spridget question for all you trivia
>     buffs and people with original cars;

>   (Stuff deleted)

There are several variations of the single pole, single throw toggle switch.
Here are a few examples from the (un-original) dash of my 1964 Lotus Seven:

UP         OFF      \                                         OFF      \
                     \                                                  \
HORIZ.     ON     ----(            OFF  ----(       MOMENTARY ON     ----(
                                           /
DOWN                               ON     /

           Lucas 31828D            Lucas 34665A               Lucas 34807B (?)

The most common one (the one you describe), is the one on the left. It should,
as far as I know, be oriented as shown. On all of these switches, there is a
flat side on the threaded part. Look at the hole in your dash. Is there a flat
side on the hole? The flat side should be on the right.

I am looking for a replacement for the switch shown on the right, for my
horn (original Lotus Parts No. 7294). The bat is missing from the one I have.

Any information leading to a source for this switch would be greatly
appreciated.

Flemming Larsen
'64 Lotus Seven (0-60 in 10++ years)