EEzibleed (was: Z-S Carb Tuning & a Little Closer to the Roadz0

To: GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com
Subject: EEzibleed (was: Z-S Carb Tuning & a Little Closer to the Roadz0
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 93 10:28:03 pdt
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
>
> which I thought we'd give a try instead of the vacuum bleeder.  Daren gets it
> all hooked up and sez watch when I turn it on.  It promptly spewed fluid all
> over my new paint, argh!!  So we ended up doing it the old fashioned way and I
> was able to get a decent brake pedal and a good clutch pedal.

This seems to come up so often that I though I'd pass along a few
things I've leaned (mostly the hard way) about using an EEzibleed.
Generally, I've had very good luck with mine and it's made brake
bleeding a breeze.

 1) Don't use too much pressure.  I've found that the maximum
    of 20psi mentioned in the instructions is WAY TOO MUCH.
    5-10psi is plenty.

 2) If you have both a metal and a plastic cap that fits your
    reservoir, use the metal cap.  The plastic caps are MUCH
    harder to get to seal for some reason.

 3) Pressure check your setup BEFORE putting fluid in the
    EEzibleed bottle.  If you have a leak at the cap, you'll
    spray the entire contents of the bottle around the engine
    compartment (or wherever you reservoir is located) before
    you can get things un-pressurized.

Usually I don't even bother with what would be step 4), putting fluid in
the EEzibleed bottle.  I just top off the reservoir before step 3,
connect up the EEzibleed and proceed.  Even if there is a slight leak at
the cap, the system can still be bled without spraying fluid all over.

Roland