Re: LBC parts prices in Canada

To: davec@ece.concordia.CA
Subject: Re: LBC parts prices in Canada
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 08:15:33 -0500 (CDT)
Dave Kai-Chui Chu writes >

> my 78 Spitfire.
> I notice that the ball joints on my car does
> not have grease fittings.  How does one lubricate them?

One does not lubricate them.  They are supposed to be sealed and lubed for
life.  The ones on my Europa (same part that Triumph used) had the rubber
boots rotted away.  The lube had therefore been lost and the joints were
worn.  Replacement was my only option.  I think I paid $20 USA for
each of them, but I really don't remember.

It may be possible to get grease inside healthy boots by stretching them
open, but I'm not sure that will help any.