TR4 Carbs - THANKS!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Carbs - THANKS!
From: paulb@taronga.com (Paul Christian Bick)
Date: 13 Oct 93 21:45:11 CDT (Wed)
To all of you who sent me messages about my carb problem, thanks.  One
little point - the carb is DEFINITELY defunct - due to a little
over-zealous wrench-work when removing the float valve.  Embarassing to
admit on an international netlist, but too true.  Also, this TR4
definitely has Strombergs - I used to have a couple chrome-bumper B's
yeara ago, and I really do know the difference.  I automatically thought
the TR had SU's until I looked, and there were these really big dashpot
covers (well - really big comopared to SU's), and frankly they sort of
offend my sense of aesthetics.  And now for the final injury to my pride:
I was just up in Ontario visiting  folks, and the local anyhting-you-can
-name advertising rag had a set of 2 SU's with manifold and linkage,
specifically mentioned were TR2-TR4's - all for $275.00 Canadian (about
200.00 US.  Alas, it didn't fit in with the travel plans - rats!!! Thanks
again to all.  I am really enjoying the banter on this list.  Isn't
technology wonderful??
--
Houston  Texas