RE: Thoughts on recent postings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, amace%sedofis%sed.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Subject: RE: Thoughts on recent postings
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 07:43:44 PDT
>  Back in the mid- to late-1970s, Bosch used to make or repackage
>  somebody's ignition parts for Delco distributors. At the time,
>  it was the best, by far, stuff I could find at any price. Parts
>  were well finished, they fit perfectly and were quite durable.

>  putting more than a few hundred miles on a set of points. Blue
>  Streak and other such companies also made pretty good stuff,
>  too. I don't know what's out there currently, but the last point

I just got some ignition parts for the GT6, I think they were World Parts or
some such.  The cap didn't fit and the rotor was loose and the condenser was
too big.  The points fit, but they were the snap together kind.  I don't know
if Blue Streak still makes the Delco dist parts either, but I've gotten
Borg-Warner ignition parts before and they were very good quality.  One of the
worst was the Lucas ignition parts.

Mike G.