Redcar is getting green, and Ginetta = BIG green

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Redcar is getting green, and Ginetta = BIG green
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 93 10:17:33 PDT
          Until this morning I hadn't really noticed The
     Pattern, but now sitting at my desk, warm, dry and
     mostly comfy, I wonder how I could have missed it.
     Redcar is jealous.
          You might remember my last two electrical
     incidents with Redcar both occurred whilst touring
     young ladies through the Santa Cruz mountains. The
     first time I went the entire weekend sans taillights,
     the second time wisps of smoke and the acrid smell of
     melting insulation told me something was shorting out
     in the boot (hmmm, never did find out *what* tho...)
     Neither time were we stranded, but it was just enough
     to let me know that she was getting a bit tired of
     all the attention I was spending on, ahem, other things.
     This morning clinched it, I need to spend more time
     with my car.
          Last weekend I, well, toured a very special lady
     through the Santa Cruz mountains (so I'm a creature of
     habit), Redcar carrying us about throughout the day
     with nary a complaint. Unrelated but noteworthy
     nonetheless, my companion was elevated to Super Trooper
     status when she offered nary a complaint as it started
     raining on us. With the top down. In fact she started
     laughing. I think I'll keep her. Anyway, suffice to say
     we had a wonderful time and Redcar performed perfectly.
     Until today.
          This morning at about 2am I awoke to the sound of
     serious rain and at the same time realized I would have
     to drive Redcar to work as I had loaned out Godzilla to
     do some moving and the Audi was *already* at work (They
     built parking garage "A" for me). By 6am it had stopped
     raining and so armed with a cup of coffee and my
     favorite SOL sweatshirt, I toweled off the seat, hopped
     in and turned key. And nothing. Thankfully our lot is
     level so I pushed her over to the Riley and jumped her
     right off. I figured a few minutes of driving would
     boost the battery enough for a second start, so I
     stopped for gas. You guessed it - nothing. The man on
     the other side of the pumps graciously gave me a push
     start, and we were on our way. By now it was light and
     so I drove w/o lights so as to not to drain the battery
     further if it wasn't charging. At work I backed into a
     slot so I could more easily jump it off if need be, but
     she started right back up after switching her off.
     Hmmmm. I think she's trying to tell me something. I'll
     keep you posted.

     On Ginettas;
          I finally spoke to the North America distributor
     for Ginetta cars, and here's the scoop; Apparently Ginetta
     sold off the G4 product line to raise cash, but they
     will soon be ready to ship a model called the Classic
     Series 4, which supposedly is styled after the G4. And
     the price .... (gulp) ~19.5K plus shipping FOB England,
     for the rolling chassis ! No driveline ! Ack. I think
     I'll keep looking, thanks.

          cheers-
                 daren