waterpumps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: waterpumps
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 93 13:36:47 CDT
How may one tell if the water pump is screwed??
When my Midge first overheated, the mechanic suggested it was probably the
water pump. Anyway I remeber when I was dismantling the engine that
I checked the water pump, and it seemed to spin farely freely (the axel
wasn't sloppy or anything). I bring this up because I have just collected
my new water pump from the shop, and to say the least it looks very cheap, light
and seems no different to my old waterpump...

Marcus