Progress and questions on the GT6mk3

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Progress and questions on the GT6mk3
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Christian R. Denzler)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 06:23:47 -0700
When I replaced my rotoflexs a while ago I had a bit of a problem with some of
the bolts you are having difficulty with.  I have one lower vertical link
bolt that is just like yours "formed under heat and pressure deep within the
mantle of the earth".   A local britcar guru I ran into said he often has to
drill a small hole into the vertical link to apply penetrating oil to the
middle of the bolt.
   The rotoflex bolts I followed someones idea from this list of soaking the
threads twice a day for a week with WD40.  Then I used a 3 foot breaker bar
and persuaded all of them to come loose.

                                 - Chris