Re: Calipers & low temps !

To: british-cars@hoosier, gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com
Subject: Re: Calipers & low temps !
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 08:51:12 -0700
Gerry said:

:

>Eventually I let the calipers soak in Liquid Wrench/WD40 for about 2 days.
>Then I removed the caliper on my Midget and connected the "frozen" caliper
>in its place. With a block of wood inserted into the caliper (where the brake
>pads usually reside), I pushed on the brake pedal. I took a couple of tries,
>but eventually the pistons did start to move. Then moved enough that I could
>removed then with a set of pliers.
:

As long as you're going to use petroleum-based goop on them anyway,
wasn't there a thread a couple of years ago that involved adapting a
grease nipple to the brake-line port and using a grease gun to
break the piston free?  (Could be my all-too-falible memory on this
one:  Kids, don't try it at home without your parents' permission!)  ;^)

-coryc