Jag 120 brake mods

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Jag 120 brake mods
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 13:21:06 -0400
        I am working on a friend's XK 120.  He is interested in
modifying the brakes.  I guess it is common to use the disc brake
setup from an XK 150.  As far as I know, the 150 has a four wheel
disc brake system.  Does anybody know what is involved in this
conversion?  Is it worth changing the rear over to discs?  My
feeling is to only modify the front.  Would I have to get some
sort of a biasing (sp?) valve to get the correct front/rear
braking pressure if I only convert the front?  How about the
master cylinder - does it have to be changed? Any idea of the
costs involved?

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu