Re: Rebuilding an MG-TC

To: british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rebuilding an MG-TC
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 09:47:40 -0700
Dave, finally  I'm not alone.  Maybe there should be an
alt.shipwrights.disease,sufferers.anonomus list for people with this dreaded
disease.

Stay away from acrylic lacquer.  It looks good and is easily repairable BUT
it chips easily and doesn't take kindly to prolonged sun exposure. There
are modern paint systems out there that look good, are easy to retouch, AND
hold up well.  If your body shop dosn't use them, load your parts
up onto a trailer & find on that does. My TR is being painted with a German
paint system, Glasser (spelling a guess).  I do not recall exactly what type
it is, but it takes paint, hardner and reducer mixed together to spray it &
its tough yet workable.

Remember even modern paints can be mixed to match old paint colours.

TeriAnn
replacing a fuel tank and inner door panels this weekend because of a
burnt exhaust valve (if you don't understand shipwrights disease- don't ask)