Re: Gasoline vs Copper

To: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU, british-cars@autox.team.net, cobra@cdc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Gasoline vs Copper
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 12:16:12 -0700
My Land Rover has a copper vacume advance line.  A few months ago I found
myself spending a few days traveling on wasboard dirt roads that gave the Rover
a good shaking.  Before long I noticed that performance was not what it should
be.  Later checking revealed that the copper line had broken at the distributer
side.  The vibration caused enough stress to not only crack the Cu line
but to completely sever it! This line was installed new this last spring.
I don't think you want to use copper as a fuel line, unless it is a short
length connected to rubber at both ends.

TeriAnn