Old BMC Racing parts wanted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Old BMC Racing parts wanted
From: Douglas.Fraser@Dartmouth.EDU (Douglas Fraser)
Date: 20 Oct 93 13:58:59 EDT
Hello...

I'll be spending the greater part of the winter
"restoring" a 1957 Turner with the hope of getting
it out to the vintage races next spring.

This car is mostly complete with the Austin A35
engine, trans, and rear end.

I'd like to find a 948 BMC engine that had been
used for racing, that might contain an assortment
of bits and pieces that might save me having to
find them seperately.  ie.  pistons, cam, floating
connecting rods, aluminum flywheel, trick crank,
1275(?) clutch etc. etc.   Preferably something
without any gaping holes in the side.  ;-)

I'm also in need of a ribbed-case transmission,
and/or one with close ratio, straight cut gears.

If anyone has stuff, or knows sources, or has any
other advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks...

-Doug