Re: Rover V-SIX (not 8)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover V-SIX (not 8)
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 09:33:43 EDT
> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 23:39:00 +0000
> From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
>

>  Rover has had a V6 for quite a few years now.  It's the 215 with two
> cylinders sawed off, and was first used in the MG Metro (not to be
> confused with the Geo Metro).  For all practical purposes it's an
> all-aluminum Buick V6.

Hmmm.... Didn't GM get upset about this? :) Are there a lot of them around?
Are they odd-fire or even-fire? What is their displacement? Are many
performance parts available? Do they have the (GM's) problem with the
narrow main bearings? (even-fire problem)

>  I haven't seen a four cam version of the V6 yet, though Brabham did a
> four-cam version of the 215 V8 thirty years ago.

WOW!!!  How many did they make??  Has anyone repro-ed them yet? What kind
of power did they make?

Later,
Kevin