Re: Sandpaper and Jags

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sandpaper and Jags
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 10:59:54 -0400 (EDT)
In re: sandpaper

Joe Gorin asks where to find sandpaper finer than 600 grit.

Griot's Garage and Eastwood catalogues don't list it, so I don't know
where to get it mail order.  Here in Burlington, which ain't exactly L.A.
when it comes to car parts, most auto parts stores that mix auto paints
also carry 1200-1500 grit sandpaper.  It may not be on display with the
other sandpaper; it comes in smaller sheets and you may have to ask for
it.  So I can't be much help--I just go in and say, "I need 10 sheets of
1500 wet 'n dry," and they fork it over.  Check your yellow pages for
stores that specialize in auto paints, and give them a call.  One tip:
keep the fine stuff in an envelope away from dirt AND OTHER SANDPAPER, or
you may find that you have a few 360 grit particles on your wonderful fine
paper when it comes time to use it.  When you see a few big scratches
appear that will take an hour to get out...well, talk about sworking!

In re: Jag 3.4 sedan with junk interior.  Has anyone priced a new leather
interior for a 3.4 sedan lately?  I'd love one of these cars, but my
guess is that you would have to have another car that could donate a
good interior before this one would be worth considering.