Free Spitfire Hardtop

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Free Spitfire Hardtop
From: okane@cscns.com (Olin Kane)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 93 10:36:52 MDT
I have a factory hardtop for an early Spitfire (came off a 1967 Mk II)
that is free to anyone who wants it. It has all of the attendant attachment
hardware and the glass window. However, it needs complete restoration
including new rubber and headliner. I was unable to find the rubber seal
that the rear window mounts in (I have a sample). The rest of the rubber
and the headliner are probably obtainable in generic form from Metro, etc.

The good news is that it's free and it's hanging in my garage. The bad news
is that my garage is in Albuquerque. If someone wants to stop by and pick
it up or arrange for shipping, it's theirs.