History questions - sort of

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: History questions - sort of
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1993 13:38:20 -0400
        Does anybody know when plastic body filler was invented?
I often hear people say that some British cars had filler from
the factory.  I bring this up, because I had my 67 Austin Healey
front shroud stripped (plastic media blasting) and it had a serious
amount of filler on it.  Some of it was very close to the windshield,
where it did not appear that the shroud had ever been damaged.  The
guy doing the media blasting said it probably came from the factory
with some dough on it.  I sort of doubt it but...

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu