Silly Dilemma (Not much brit car content)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Silly Dilemma (Not much brit car content)
From: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 12:42:42 PST
Well, since we have covered brit-car physics laws and economics laws,
I thought I'd bring up a problem that has been bothering me for the
longest time....

Everyone knows that oil and tranny fluid from british cars will leak
out of every possible orifice, no matter how well that orifice was
sealed.  This hints at superfluid behavior.

Everyone who has ever poured two cups of Grape-Nuts into a two-cup
bowl and then proceeded to pour three cups of milk into that same bowl
knows that Grape-Nuts will soak up an almost infinite amount of fluid.

So, what happens when Brit-car oil (which leaks out of everything)
meets Grape-Nuts (which soaks up everything)? Well, what happens OTHER
than you get a breakfast food with 100000% of the USRDA of Petroleum.

Brit-car content:  The windshield pillars on the GT6 are pretty much
Swiss cheese -- lots of little rust holes on the front surface.  I
plan on cutting out this surface and welding in a backing piece behind
the previous surface of the "cheese" and then building up with a thin
layer of Bondo.  If, however, I cut in there and find that the whole
thing is rusted out, does anyone know if there is a replacement piece
for this?  I guess I could cut out the pillars from another GT6, but
I'd rather not go to that much trouble.  It appears that there is
still a decent amount of good metal on the car.

-Tim